ACT LIKE A CHAMPION
- Players must know that we represent more than ourselves. We represent the team, the Club, our parents and our community and therefore we are accountable for our actions at all times.
- Any action that is detrimental to you is also detrimental to our football team. We expect a Prestbury Phantoms player to do the right thing at the right time.
- Regular attendance at football training is essential if you are to learn the skills and strategies that make you and the team successful. If you are not going to be at practice you must contact YOUR Coach.
- Training time is short - so adopting our philosophy is essential.
- Should a player be injured, contact the coach - player's welfare is paramount.
- Training is on Saturday mornings.
- Be prompt: prompt means that being early is being on time.
- Purpose of training is to learn: which will eliminate mistakes on the field.
- Be prepared: with right kit and equipment - shin pads, water bottle, boots.
- Discipline: you are responsible for concentrating on the training the entire time that you are there.
- Focus will be provided on less experienced players to improve their skills and increase their opportunity on match days.
- Depending on the League or Competition we enter, there is often a maximum squad size that can be registered.
- In the event of having more players wishing to register than the rules allow, players will be registered based on timely submission of relevant forms, length of time playing for the club and attendance record.
- Players who are not registered will be invited to attend training and to wait for an opportunity to register should a position become available.
TEAM SELECTION and PLAYING TIME
- Coaches will select a team from within the available squad for each game.
- Team Selection will aim to rotate players in a fair way over the season.
- Team selection will be affected by:
- Attendance (see attendance policy).
- Conduct (see code of conduct for players and parents/carers).
- Fitness / injuries (player welfare is a primary concern).
- Balancing the mix of skills and abilities appropriately for the game at hand.
- Every registered player who commits to play and is selected will play.
- Playing time on match days will be at the discretion of the coaches but we aim to provide equal playing time for all.